‘Hands-on’ Endodontic Course
Stephen Godfrey BChD. MSc Endodontic Specialist – Shaheer Aasim BDS, MSc (Endo), MFDS RCS Edin
Marian Vallina BDS MSc (Endo) MJDF RCS Eng
Course Fee: £250 per day per delegate.
Day 1: Saturday 15th July 2017 9am–4.30pm – Venue: Stephen Godfrey Dental Care 55 Chesterfield Road, Dronfield, Derbyshire S18 2XA.
Day 2 and 3: Thursday 20th July and Friday 21st July 2017 9am–4.30pm – Venue: Kings Mill Dental Education Centre, Mansfield Road, Sutton-in-Ashfield NG17 4JL.
Day 4: Friday 6th October 2017 9am–4.30pm – Venue: Stephen Godfrey Dental Care 55 Chesterfield Road, Dronfield, Derbyshire S18 2XA.
Announcing a ‘Hands-on’ endodontic course designed for the general dental practitioner who may wish to update their knowledge and also enable them to assess and treat more complicated clinical cases.
A day of lectures at Stephen Godfrey Dental Care will precede a 2-day hands-on course at Kings Mill Dental Education Centre.
Day 1 – Lecture Day – Venue Stephen Godfrey Dental Care.
- How to assess clinical cases with regards to the degree of difficulty.
- Outline the science underpinning a modern approach to endodontology.
- Focus on the biological cleaning and disinfection of root canal systems.
- How to safely prepare root canal systems.
- Modern approaches to canal obturation and restoration.
Day 2 – Venue Kingsmill Dental Education Unit.
- Practical hands-on training and supervision in endodontic access and canal instrumentation. Short tutorials will cover instruction in safe protocols for hand and rotary instruments.
Day 3 – Venue Kings Mill Dental Education Unit.
- Canal preparation continued.
- Practical hands-on training and supervision in 3 dimensional obturation of the canal system.
- Discussion on the restorative aspects of endodontically treated teeth.
Day 4 – 3 months later – Venue Stephen Godfrey Dental Care.
- Case presentation by participants. The opportunity to bring endodontic cases of your own for treatment planning and /or presentation of a treated case.
- Opportunity to revisit the previous days’ course content to relate it to your clinical practice.
- Tour of the endodontic clinical set up at Stephen Godfrey Dental Care and discussion of the role of support staff in delivering endodontic care. You will be encouraged to bring your endodontic treatment nurse to take part in the chairside training with our support staff and observe treatment of a clinical case.
- Lecture on the benefits of Cone Beam CT imaging in endodontic diagnosis, treatment planning and delivery of treatment.
Course fees will include refreshments and lunch. You will be asked to bring your own endodontic instruments and materials to the practical days. 1 endodontic operating microscope will be available.