In 2013 we installed a ‘state of the art’ Morita low volume Cone beam CT scanner. This enables us to view teeth and surrounding tissues in 3-dimensions. Benefits include:
- Visualization of all root canal anatomy.
- Review failing root treatments for missed canal anatomy.
- Diagnosis of pathologies including root canal abscesses, resorptions, perforations through root walls etc.
- Improved diagnosis of the source of facial pain.
- Review healing of treated lesions.
- Review the bony anatomy and planning for placement of dental implants.
- Planning for root surgery.
The equipment allows for more accurate diagnoses, treatment planning and assessment of possible outcomes. It takes the predictability of treatment to a new level.
We are very conscious nowadays of medical radiation dosages and one of the advantages of this particular machine is the very low dose of x-ray involved in imaging. The ‘low volume’ refers to the small prescribed area of tissues being irradiated.